Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hertz Neverlost, I'll Follow You Anywhere

At some point early on in my travels, Hertz's Neverlost navigation was upgraded in my mind from an accessory to a necessity. The first thing I do now after I find my rental car slot # on the Gold board and slip into my seat is type in my destination. I did the same last Thursday when I arrived at John Wayne airport (SNA). As it calculated the route, I got into drive and started following the woman's voice telling me to get on the 405. I heard the familiar double-beep to exit and then followed accordingly. Looking ahead, I realized Neverlost had led me to....a paid parking lot with no other exit. Oops!

On a separate Hertz note, my broadband card fell out of my bag inside my rental car and I didn't realize it until after I'd gotten through security and was sitting at the gate getting ready to board. I'll post updates on how torturous this process ends up being. I also just reached Five Star Gold status with Hertz - I have a feeling that I'll never see any benefits, but hey, I'll reserve some optimism and see what happens.

No comments: